heading out





Very soon the husband and I will be leaving for our adventures in Europe--making a 100 mile circuitous trek around Mont Blanc and staying in mountain villages in Switzerland, France, and Italy.  This should be a lot of fun if we can walk 100 miles at altitude without hurting ourselves.  We trained a lot more for our last mountainous adventure.  Not that we don't regularly work out, but time got away from us this Spring as far as long weekend hiking sessions with a little weight on our backs.  Instead, we are both carrying a bit more weight on our fronts.  I regret that, but I'm pretty sure we'll be fine.  At the end of each day, there will be a bed, a shower, a meal, and wine in a cozy inn.  I think this is survivable.  And what's even more exciting is that when we get home, I will probably find out what this mystery squash is, which sprung from my compost pile. My guess is spaghetti squash but a friend thinks it is a pumpkin.

Comments

LH said…
I predict you'll do very well indeed. When do you leave??? Sounds awesome, possum.
mm said…
This sound amazing. A shower and wine are a must.

Popular Posts