just smile and nod


Number two son, Seth, the beautiful, funny boy. I asked him this past Saturday, while he was knee deep in cartoons and hot cocoa, if he'd like to run to Sears with me to buy sweeper bags. He said, "As tempting as that is, I think I'll pass." Point taken. I would've passed, too, except that more guests were coming on Sunday, the kind you have to sweep the carpets for. The whole thing was fairly regrettable--spending Saturday morning buying sweeper bags as well as the guest visit (not the wonderful friends who visited earlier in the week). While intelligent and funny, and while married to a very nice and interesting guy and having a delightful little son, this aquaintance, I've decided, is one of the most whining, complaining, negative people I've had the opportunity to spend time with. The next time this particular aquaintance calls to tell me they are passing through and would like to spend the night I am going to say, with exactly Seth's emphasis, "As tempting as that is, I think I'll pass."

Comments

LH said…
I can hear his voice saying this. "Sarcasm" must have been in the water supply that year. We get plenty of it here.
As for the whiny visitor, a pox on her i say.
I guess we should compare the quality of our cameras by putting the foto I took of the kid in the tree next to the one you took. In mine, no boy can be seen, but a smudge is somewhat detectable. new camera time?
Julie Anna said…
I love my camera! It was only a $200 camera, and we got it at walmart (a pox on us for supporting wallyworld, but I was so desparate for an affordable camera). It is a fuji finepix something-er-other and has the wonderful 6x optical zoom, which lends itself to more interesting shots than the 3x optical zoom that most cameras under $250 come with. It is only 4.1 megapixels but I've blown up and printed several shots and they've all been just great, even printed. Anyway, I could zoom in on seth, all the way up in the mitzi's big tree and capture the infamous seth smile.
Anonymous said…
This is a great picture of Seth! It's so good to see his smile again. David has been getting more into the sarcasm thing. Most of the time I laugh along, although sometimes he goes a little too far. I guess I'm just not ready for him to turn into a sarcastic teenager yet. What that time comes, Kevin and I will really feel outnumbered!

Popular Posts