a new gate for HH

I hiked just down the road Sunday night to see the recently completed, new gate at the Tibetan Cultural Center. Beautiful work. The place was abuzz with activity because on Tuesday the 14th Dalai Lama was to arrive in Bloomington. I won't be hearing the teachings of the bodhisattva of compassion. I'm sure they will be most interesting and inciteful, but it really bothers me that it cost a lot of money to hear him. We could all use a little compassion, even those who can't drop sixty bucks for a ticket. I don't mean to sound like such a curmudgeon, and yes, he has to travel a long way with a large retinue of monks, etc., but still, it seems he could give one free talk as long as he's here. As far as I know, Buddha did not charge.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My feelings exactly! The entrance is quite beautiful though. I pass it every morning and eve to and from work, and I slow to try to catch a glimpse of the the peaceful one himself!
N
LH said…
i have kept an eye out for him as well. will he still be around for fotd? that would be great if we could get him over here.

Popular Posts