other minor details

A few other items worth mentioning about our trip to Jackson Hole. One, on the way home I threw up on the plane. I've been flying places several times a year for something like thirty years, and while I've felt sick a few times, I've never, ever had to resort to the little air sick bag until now. I was not the only person on the plane vomited--it was a very bad flight. This incident is probably best forgotten now.

Two, I wanted to note that on the whitewater rafting trip, son and I jumped into the Snake River at a deep, calm spot. It was a cool morning in the Tetons, and the water temp was 53 degrees. It's like this--if the adventurous opportunity arises to see what it feels like to jump into an icy cold river, I'm going to take it. No hesitation. I just have to do it. And it was exhilarating! Shocking! Awesome! We did the same thing during our whitewater rafting trip in Colorado a few years ago where the water was also icy cold. I just always think, "How many times in my life am I going to have the chance to do this? What if I got home and was filled with regret for not having jumped in?" In Colorado, son was hesitant at first, but he did go in. This time, he beat me in. And he said, as he popped up screaming in the cold river, "When I get a chance to do something like this in life, I just have to go for it!" I have taught you well, Grasshopper.

Comments

Popular Posts