the Tetons

Wow. Don't know what else there is to say. Grand Teton National Park is one of my favorite spots on earth. So many adventures. We must've hiked 50 miles of trails. I quickly realized that it costs me about $3 in food for the boy for every mile hiked, so it would've been much cheaper to just drive him around. But we're not good "sitters", any of us. One of the most exciting things happened on Thursday (after my camera quite working--booohooooo). We were walking a trail, popped around a corner, and there, twenty feet from us was a mamma moose and her baby. She was hanging out on the trail, so we had to hang out on the trail behind her for awhile, just watching and waiting. It was awesome. We also saw buffalo, elk, and a bear's nose (that's all we saw of him. We ventured up into Yellowstone for one day, which was also awesome. But I could hang out at the base of the Tetons for, oh, say, the rest of my life. We also did a white water rafting trip that was just spectacular, stopping half way for an outdoor breakfast at a camp up in the pines. Andy and I jumped in the Snake River--the water temp was 53 degrees. That'll wake a person right up, if we were not already awake from being in a raft that was hurtling and spilling through rapids. I used the word "spectacular" so often that son started demanding, "New adjective, please." So every few hours, we were forced to come up with a new adjective to describe the amazing sights we were hiking through. Fortunately, there are a many adjectives to choose from.

Comments

LH said…
Spectacular TRIP!!!!

Popular Posts