I am so happy

Not for any sappy parental reasons. Not because I'm in love. Not because Santa brought me just what I wanted. I am happy because every guy in this house has gotten the heck out of here for most of the day. Oy. I love every hair on their pointy heads, but too much testosterone cooped up in a small house makes me CRAZY after awhile. And each of them, in their own special way, is needy needy needy. Today is the day that my step dad takes all the guys to this big huntin', fishin', shootin', killin' store (complete with what I have dubbed "the dead zoo" of stuffed wild animals) . Hour and half down there, hour and a half back, hour for lunch, couple hours to look around (at least), and maybe (I'm praying) they'll stop somewhere else on the way back. I have at least 6 or 7 hours of complete quiet and freedom. I'm starting off my personal celebration with a little home and garden channel and a green tea and camomile home facial. Call me cold-hearted, but I am deliriously happy that they are gone.

(photo: detail of "Nelda's Garden", a painting I did in memory of my grandma.)

Comments

LH said…
I've been wanting a few hours of empty nest syndrome myself.

I LOVE THAT FLOOR CLOTH. (Is that what you call it?)

I LOVE IT! Well done!
Bruce said…
Why do you think I've stayed single for so long?....estrogen is a curse too.

Popular Posts