enough

I just want to remind you that you are enough, just as you are.  There is no need to change anything about yourself to impress me.  These skins we cover ourselves in--distractions that are not truly part of our nature or our core selves--these skins are not opaque enough to hide behind other than to the casual observer.  You may be mollified by the fact that there are lots of casual observers who will only see you at skin deep.  Will only, ever, perhaps by choice, see you at that shallow level.  But make no mistake, I am not a casual observer.  When I look at you, it's more like listening.  It's more like feeling, processing, breathing you in.  Behind what we make ourselves out to be, behind the script we memorize and recite aloud, even to ourselves, even when no one else can hear and it doesn't matter, is the shining light of the person we really are, the person that someone, somewhere, sometime is destined to love deeply, unconditionally, and always.  I think about these things, when I'm feeling like I'm faking some part of myself to build myself up or just to get through.  Not faking so much as...trying too hard?  Not trusting that *I* am enough?  Not loving myself enough? I think about this and ask myself, will my true love see beyond my exterior and recognize me?   

Comments

LH said…
I always feel like I'm good enough when I'm with you.

Thanks for being a very awesome friend.

Popular Posts