driving: day three, and other trivia

I let Andy drive a lot over the weekend, and yesterday we made it through an entire trip to the West side of town without me stomping my foot into the floor, looking for a non-existant brake peddle on the passenger side. This is progress. The boy drove us to the Red Cross book sale. I am desparately trying to clean out many areas of my house--closets, drawers, etc., so I did not need to drag more books in. But I am an addict in the worst way. By Sunday, most of the really good stuff was gone, but I got some older classics that I'd like to read or re-read on a cold winter day. Andy said, "This is like heaven to you, isn't it?" And I'd have to agree. There would be shelves and shelves of books in heaven, but there would be far fewer people shoving in around them. In other trivial news, I am so irritated with myself for not carrying my camera around more so that I can include pictures with the blog. The past two Saturdays at the farmer's market have been so lovely...blue skies, red red apples, orange pumpkins and lovely squash. And the book sale! I could've blogged the book sale in all it's rows of musty wonder. Must remember to get the camera out.

Comments

LH said…
i never go to the red cross book sale. i love looking thru used books, so what's my problem? I did take my camera to the market today and got a few shots, but after the post office debacle i'm insecure about taking pix.
Julie Anna said…
I took some really good shots at the market, but left my camera at home today. I have always been extremely shy about taking pictures, so it was sort of an excercise in getting over that. I still shoot and run, fearing that someone will not like me taking a picture. It was a gorgeous day at the market, was it not?

Popular Posts