long cold winter

I've done many things these past few cold months, and I have failed to blog any of them. One thing I have done is to make it through the first two months of a fairly rigorous three month training plan aimed at working me up to running a half marathon. If this sounds ambitious, I have overstated. The training plan is not aimed at getting a runner up to any great speed. It is to allow a runner to complete the 13.1 miles without requiring ambulance service. But, I am a teensy bit proud of myself for sticking to the training plan, week in and week out, through pretty much the worst part of winter. I have run in the frigid cold, through snow, ice, six inches of slush, and bitter wind with chapped lips, wet feet, cold limbs, and frozen fingers. I would like to say I'm now tough as nails, but mostly I am just tired.  Totally unrelated photo: son trying to avoid the probing eye of my camera.

Comments

LH said…
I've been really impressed and
I've loved to hear about your training on FB.

Well done, you.

Popular Posts