we feel rather stupid

So, I'm not sure what kind of change just came to certain tv stations rendering them unavailable to us until we get some kind of free gizmo from the cable company. I know about the whole digital thing that happened in...january? And we were told that since we were getting our channels through cable, we were good to go, even though one of our televisions is at least 30 years old (so old, in fact, that there is no adapter which will make it accept a DVD player). Ok, so now fast forward to this week, and unbeknownst to us some other technological change has taken place. We don't watch a lot of tv so it's possible that we missed some important announcement. Or maybe they told us in one of those endless blurbs we get in the mail from the cable company? Does anyone read those? I always assume they are just trying to sell us more channels and we barely watch the ones we have. All we know is that we got up to sleep walk through our standard morning routine--coffee, cereal, weather channel, go to work--and all hell broke loose when we realized we no longer got the weather channel. And then we realized the blight had taken over the cooking channel, the channel with Gunsmoke and The Rifleman, the channel with Cake Boss, on and on. Thankfully, we still had WTIU, WTIU2 (or as I call it, the Alan Alda station, because I swear he is the voice of every show on this channel), the history channel, and Discovery. All is not lost, and husband is picking up the mythical decoding device at the cable office today. I can almost guarantee you it is not, however, going to work with the 30 year old television. If it does, it will be the biggest surprise I've had this week. (Totally Unrelated Photo: is not upside down. That is the roof of a cave from inside the cave.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the photo! We, too, noticed a change in channels and it has left teen boy very grumpy, and me hating the fact that I now have a very grumpy teen around! Let me know about the box-thingy and if I should get one.
N

Popular Posts