first snow

...was yesterday. I'm finding this blogging-of-the-day ON the actual day challenge to not work so well for me because in the evening, after the day has happened, I am doing things other than being on the computer. So I'm going to give myself a pass and will be blogging on the previous day some of the time. Yesterday my running buddy and I went out for our regular Tuesday lunchtime run, even though it was pouring rain. What the hell, we said, let's just do it. We knew we'd get wet, but we did not count on the temperature taking an abrupt plunge and the rain turning to snow. First the rain turned to ice and pelted us in the face for a couple of miles, and then it turned to lovely, big, white snow flakes. It was very exhilarating and I have to say we had a very good time laughing and running. Normally 30-something is not a horrible temperature to run in, but because we were soaked, we got pretty cold. I stepped in an ankle deep puddle from the days of rain we've had and could not feel my toes by the time we got back. But the important thing is that we soldiered on and had a good time. I made up a new song while we were out in the worst of it: "Snowflakes that fall on our nose and eyelashes, cold winds that freeze off our legs and our asses..." My running buddy cracked up, but she's pretty easy to score a laugh from. One of the many things I love about her. Completely unrelated photo: My brother at about 20 or 21. Refer to photo in previous blog post. We looked very much alike back then.

Comments

Popular Posts