talking myself down

Today, I struggle with the fact that I have not run for one week and one day. Because of this whole "procedure" thing. I didn't feel well before it, and then I overdid things afterwards and now I don't feel so well again. I do that overdoing it thing sometimes. Doctor's instructions were that I could return to normal activities withing 24 hours, but I don't think he meant full on athletic endeavors. Several friends let me know that I should stop doing things for awhile and allow myself to heal and that to do otherwise would be extremely stupid. So I didn't run again today and I am not a patient person when it comes to not running.

Also today, I went to meet my son for lunch and, on the way, ran into fellow blogger and long time friend LH and a portion of her handsome family and got a nice hug! {{HUG}} Always a good thing in my book. I seek out hugging opportunities. I hug the kids who do Free Hug Day on campus, much to my son's chagrin. He does not hug strangers. And now I'm at home drinking a glass of wine and trying to get into a holiday mood. I can't always go from "work mode" to "holiday mode" in a minute. It's going to take a moment to sink in that I don't have to go to work for the next four days. I seriously need a break.

Comments

Popular Posts