the cake

Number two son baked and decorated this lovely birthday cake for me in his foods class in school. He sent me a text after school yesterday (my actual birthday) to let me know that he had forgotten to bring the cake home from school. I think this cake was baked on Friday. This is Tuesday, and I hold out very little hope of it being remembered today.  Until and if my cake arrives, son provided me with a picture.  I'm sure it's fabulous. This kid cracks me up.

Yesterday, for my very own little birthday celebration, I ran 4.5 miles in a fairly pouring, cold rain. Contrary to what one might think, I loved every minute of it. Rain doesn't bother me that much. I try to always run on my birthday. A friend told me that she always tries to eat chocolate cake on her birthday. I'm perfectly up for having cake, too, along with running. My cake is at the high school, though.

Comments

LH said…
I love the picture of the cake. It looks like it was a great one!

Popular Posts