just copy and paint

It sounds so easy doesn't it? I can fill my home with "artful embellishment"! This is a pattern for one of the many home enhancing projects I have running through my head or written down on a list. It is one of the more exciting and totally unnecessary projects, and so must fall to the very bottom of the list behind the long line of critical fixer-upper things we need to get done around the homestead. On the one warm weekend a couple of weeks ago the partner and I tackled a few things on the list. But being the observant sort of person he is, he added several more onto the list. I was most unhappy about his observations. I could've gone several more years without noticing that the lower part of the doorjamb at the back of the garage--a door we have never once used--is rotting and must ("Must!" he says.) be replaced. Whatever. Perhaps I am less observant than the average home owner. Friends, have you been talking amongst yourselves about this decrepit door? I will never get around to reproducing this lovely zinnia pattern or painting it on anything if this sort of thing keeps up. The critical list is still much too long and nothing on it is fun.

Comments

LH said…
I've never noticed the door situation. My dad does this whenever he comes to town. Walks around my house criticizing various places like storm drains and window ledges. That would be fine,but he usually asks me to accompany him as he does this. I just walk behind him with a glass of wine in hand, listening and nodding. Then he leaves for a few months. Then he comes back and we go through it all again.

Popular Posts