upping the boring quotient















Honestly, I'm a very adventurous, curious, artsy-piddly kind of person who can fill up a day with any number of interesting distractions. But I have to say--and maybe this is a sign of aging?--there is nothing quite like the feeling of taking on some odious home maintenance project and knocking it out by mustering up an unusual level of stick-to-it-ivnous, which is what I did with a perfectly wonderful sunny day yesterday. It makes me feel a bit boring. What did you do with your day off? Why, I repainted the porch ceiling! And with paint that is guaranteed not to mold for five years! Woohoo! Oh well. I try to balance my need to be a responsible adult with my need to be a free spirit, and by the looks of my icky porch ceiling, the free spirit had been tipping the scales a bit. I think I am over it now, though, and back on track to do some serious procrastinating and other responsibility avoidance techniques. (This iguana is a regular iguana in the wild--not quite as attractive and well maintained as the pet iguana in previous post. But hey, we can't all be "kept", and fending for oneself is a tough job.)

Comments

Popular Posts