on the upswing

I've had a rather rough week since last Friday when I got a letter saying I was being audited by the IRS and that I owe them a whole lot of money, which I don't, actually. I have yet to prove that, but I have the paperwork to do so, so I have tried to quit worrying about it. And then I spent much of the day on Saturday digging for the lid of my septic tank, which I may or may not have found--more digging required. The lid is somewhere in my back garden, so I had to move plants that shouldn't be moved right now, and dig the whole garden up, and it looks like a big, horrid, muddy mess. And my back has been killing me ever since. This was all quite depressing because of the impending backyard nuptials which are to take place in 2.5 months, and my desire to have the gardens look extra nice. But I have tried to let that angst go--one can only do so much. And then there was the ordering of the perfect summer sandals, which, when received, were indeed comfy and perfect, except for one small thing, which is that they fart. The farting is really unacceptable, especially when one is planning to walk down the wedding aisle in them. I'm shocked that such a well made shoe would have this problem. Will it go away? One can't be sure. I've had shoes that, once farters, were always farters. All in all, the week has been rather long, and it has been rainy and cold, but there have been some very high points in it despite all that. All is not lost, my friends. It is the first day of Spring. The septic lid will be found. The garden will be replanted. The tax situation will be cleared up. The farting shoes will be returned. The weather will break. Oh, and one last gripe: if your child turned 17 in the last tax yaer, you do not get the $300 tax rebate for this child. Referring to the above picture as an example (yes, both plates were my 17YO son's lunch at a Mexican restaurant) does it look like it costs any less to raise a 17 year old than a 16 year old? I dare say it does not.

Comments

Popular Posts