making space: day something

I am losing track of the days on this blogging and space making experience, although trying to stay consciously aware, each and every day, of my Sankalpa, my promise to myself, and I think things are going well in that regard.  For the past couple of days I have been tempted, verily I say, TEMPTED to my limits by all the catalogs that have appeared in my mail box.  I am actually in the process of trying to get some of these catalogs canceled, because I can see all the same things online.  I didn't ask for any of them in the first place!  While they do make good bathtub reading material, the bottom line is that they make me want stuff I don't need, and I know good and well that desire=suffering.  Sometimes, though, I try to look through them with the thought that I probably already own something similar, and if I tried, I could probably go into my closet and pull together an outfit much like the one I am coveting.  Or the old standby thought, "I could make that."  That way it stirs creativity more than desire.  Or so I tell myself.  Creativity is good, and something I definitely don't make enough space for these days.  Suffice it to say that though I have been tempted, I have not purchased. 



Comments

mm said…
I used to have a website bookmarked for a site to stop magazines. I have lost the website, and I have too many magazines coming... need to handle this problem.
LH said…
I think it's funny when people say, "I could make that."

I've NEVER had that thought in my life!

Kudos to you, OWA! Love your creative spirit.

Popular Posts