making space: days 6, 7, 8 and oh god, 9?

I don't know how this happens.  Sometimes days (weeks, years) pass by at breakneck speed, and while I have thought, numerous times over the past few days, "Do the blog," it does not get done. At least this time it's only been four days.  I look at the above picture and I think how it feels like maybe a year or so ago that I was camping with my buds in North Carolina.  But when I stop and think about it, I realize this nearly ten years ago.  And so it goes.

But, my friends, while I recklessly abandoned the writing of the blog, I have not abandoned my dedication to the challenge. I have been eliminating stuff each and every day.  Just tonight, I sent my son home with our old coffee maker.  I have cleaned out papers, magazines, a lava lamp, some old shoes and an electric pencil sharpener. (Seems like a useful thing to have, and it was when I had kids in grade school, but honestly, I can't remember the last time any of us used a pencil.  Maybe for an art project.  Husband uses them, but sharpens them with a knife like a real man.)  I have cleaned up all of the pine branches I use all over the house for holiday decoration.  I cleaned out the refrigerator.  In a nutshell, I have not been sitting on my thumbs during this challenge I have set for myself.

I skipped my Thursday run and my Saturday run this week.  Keep fighting a chest cold, and felt like I was mostly over it, but decided that running in the bitter cold just wasn't what my body needed.  I got back on the horse today and ran six miles, four miles of it in snow, which is a workout.  I felt great, but came back and slept for an hour and a half. Wow.  Just completly out, and I could've slept longer.  I think that I've let my iron level slip off the charts again.  I have been fighting this for years now, but i don't like meat, especially red meat, and while I otherwise eat well and try to take iron, I can't seem to stay afloat and end up with these periods of extreme exhaustion.  I have ordered a better kind of iron.  It is supposed to be the bees knees of iron supplements without causing stomach problems.  I hope it gets here soon.  I would like not to have to slog through life like a ghost of myself.

Comments

Mary M. said…
I always have to take iron before I give blood and hate how it makes me feel. Maybe this "bees knees" of iron is the solution.
Julie Anna said…
The supplement is called "Ferro-Food" and I found it on amazon. highly recommended by a friend, and the reviews on amazon are pretty positive, too. we shall see...my iron level is hard to budge except downward.
LH said…
I can't believe L sharpens pencils with a knife. Who does that?

Popular Posts