my favorite: cool air

I rode home at lunch and it was surprisingly cooler out.  I knew that by tomorrow it was going to be much cooler, but I was super happy that it had already started.  A lot of good things align for me when it's cool out: my energy perks up so I exercise more so I sleep better so I feel better mentally and physically.  Apparently my sweet Tansy pup is the same way. I have been worried about her since yesterday because she seemed a bit unwell.  It started when husband took her for a walk at noon yesterday, which he really shouldn't have done, but he was trying to be helpful.  I think Tansy got overheated, and I was a bit worried about her lack of energy and appetite.  Today at lunch, however, she was back to her playful, crazy self.  Phew.   A happy dog makes me very happy.

Another favorite thing of mine is this reading-and-coffee-and-or-wine-drinking nook in my newly renovated living room.  After nearly three years of living in my house, I finally sold all the furniture that did not fit well in the house (and by "fit" I mean actual size--the living room was like a sofa storage container) and bought smaller (but still comfortable) furniture.  I also painted and cleaned out and rearranged a bunch of stuff I had stuck here and there, and I now love this previously dark and lonely room.  Instead of hanging out in the back room where the tv is all of the time, I spend much more time in here enjoying the lovely light, the street traffic, the falling leaves. 




Comments

LH said…
A photo of the nook would be good I think.

Popular Posts