my favorite things - a blog challenge



I thought I'd offer up a challenge to write about your favorite things in October.  Here's why: 

1. I was trying to think of a blog challenge for this month, and while it is stinking hot today (and hot weather is one of my least favorite things), it is supposed to cool off quickly, and Fall is truly one of my most favorite things.  Sweater weather--favorite.  Soups for dinner--favorite.  Crunchy leaves, cold walks to warm coffee shops, hiking without bugs, snuggling under blankets, fires in the backyard--all favorites.  I shall endeavor to dig more deeply into these and/or other favorites this month.

2. Beyond the challenge of writing more, my aim is to focus on some positives.  I have a lot of favorite things, and I am lucky enough to have many of them in my life right here and now.  I am one blessed human.  But I let my least favorite things overwhelm me.  I'm not even going to start the list, but all I have to do is read a headline like, "Shoot Migrants' Legs, Build Alligator Moat: Behind Trump's Ideas for Border" (an actual headline from the New York Times yesterday) to remember the many things that I despise, and the fact that they are all out there waiting to hijack my mental health each and every day.  (To say that Trump is not one of my favorite things is an understatement as vast as the ocean, but you know what I mean.)  Trying to think about a positive instead, like shooting Trump in the legs and throwing him into a moat with alligators (just added this to my favorite things list), can really turn my day around. 

So, are you in?  I'm not going to put a number on it.  I can't take that kind of pressure, although I am going to give it my best shot to do as many as I can. 

 


Comments

LH said…
It's funny how tough it is to focus on positives. What the heck?

Popular Posts