My favorite: Dogs in pajamas

The husband and I had places to go on Saturday where we could not take Tansy with us.  I tend to avoid those kinds of places, but husband is adamant that we have a life apart from the dog. (Why must we, though?)  So Tansy got to put on her soft space jammies (it was a very cool day) and play in them all day long.  Honestly, I long to have my dog's life. We played in the back yard, but then it was time for us to go to our event (more on that in a minute), and son was good enough to come over on his lunch break and let Tansy out for a bit to go potty.  He said he came in calling her name (she loves the boy and usually comes running, excitedly, to greet him) but she was apparently sleeping.  He said she popped her head over the edge of the sofa, all sleepy-eyed, yawning, and with what he described as "bed head"...and in her jammies.  Son LOL'd as any person would who saw this sweet little pupster in her space jammies and messy hair.  She makes me LOL every single day and that, too, is one of my favorite things.

The event we attended was a tour of the childhood home of local-boy-made-good, Astronaut Gus Grissom.  His brother and two sons and many locals where there to reminisce with people.  And then we got to go shake hands and get our photo taken with geologist and one of the last remaining humans who has walked on the moon, Harrison Schmitt.  Husband, who has worked at NASA events photographing many astronauts, loves to meet the astronauts.  In my experience hearing many of them talk, they are very fascinating people.  Almost all of them have so much more going on that "just" being an astronaut--olympian this or that, master chef, etc.  These people are go-getters. There were people from all over to meet Dr. Schmitt, including a son and father who came from Ireland just for this event.  Dr. Schmitt gave a very interesting talk that night which husband attended and I did not because I'm a lazy, no-good bum and a terrible wife. I stayed home and did crafts, watched netflix, and drank wine with my best friend, feeling a tad guilty about it.  But husband videotaped the whole thing so I'll be able to watch it at my leisure.  Another 1.5 hours in the car followed by a long talk, on the first Saturday night I'd had in weeks to really chill out, was just not shaping up to be one of my favorite things, and life is too short not to have some favorites each and every day.  On the other hand, I'm sure it was a very interesting talk, per above references, and if you get a chance to hear an astronaut give a talk, and the need for rest and relaxation does not override everything else on that particular night, I highly recommend it. 











Comments

Popular Posts