My favorite: rain after a drought

As a (half-assed) gardener, it's good to have regular rains, and while I love a nice rain in general, sometimes when it's regular, it interferes with plans and I look out and say, "Oh no, it's raining!"  But when we've been in drought conditions for some time, and I look out and it's raining, it makes me incredibly happy. It makes me want to run out in the rain and dance for joy.   Early Sunday morning, before I got out of bed, I could've sworn I heard a nice gentle rain, so I snuggled down into the covers with my puppy, all happy and cozy.  When I got up, it was still dry out and come to find out, I'd just heard my mom taking a shower and incorporated the shower sounds into a nice dream that it was raining out.  Fortunately it did rain later, which really made my day.  And it wasn't a summer rain that steams things up even worse and makes me want to die, but a nice, dust-settling, cool rain that made whatever is still alive out there (a couple of brave zinnias are still blooming) a tiny bit happier. The rain was my favorite thing about Sunday.  That, and the series Fleabag which I watched while it was raining and far too late into the night. 

Comments

mm said…
I appreciate this, but we've had too much dang rain here lately!
LH said…
Yeah, I love a good rain. Even yesterday's that made me have an indoor recess. WE stayed in with our knitting looms. It was sweet.

I need pompom help soon please.

Popular Posts