G

Garden

I mean, it has to be G for garden, right? I spend about a third of my life puttering around in my gardens--planting, moving, mulching, watering, weeding, pulling pulling pulling the stupid stupid ground ivy, which is a nasty, uninvited weed, and also the Gooseneck Loosestrife which I regrettably planted. Sometimes I stand out there simply infuriated that something has eaten something to a nub, again. The rabbits are fond of my favorite annual flower, zinnias. And the deer are fond of my second favorite annual, hyacinth bean. But lucky me, nothing much eats basil. I have a lot of basil this year, which will all get eaten by us rather than the wildlife. More often, I stand out there or sit out on the back deck with a glass of wine and just look around, absorb the peace of the garden and enjoy the beautiful colors and textures as it all changes throughout the growing season. It makes me happy. I'm not sure what I did before I was more or less trapped at home with babies (not a complaint, just a fact) and started gardening a lot. I think I went on a lot of long bike rides.

Comments

Popular Posts