P

Pie

I learned to bake pies at my Grandma Taylor's side when I was just a tot. I remember standing on a chair to reach the counter where she was rolling out pie dough. I still enjoy making pies and I make them on my grandma's pie board. People tell me, sometimes, that they simply can't make pie dough. I tell them, mine gets "messed up" a lot of the time...too moist, too dry, some major tearing, whatever. But I still consider it a success if, in the end, I can get it into the pan and Frankensteined back together and looking halfway decent. You can overwork pie dough, and then it will be somewhat dense and tough. You have to have a lighter hand. But honestly, it's not that hard and even when things go wrong, it can usually be fixed. Fear not, I want to tell people. Homemade pie is one of the best things in life.

Pago Pago, Paris

Two amazing places I have been in my life. Stories abound about each, but I am too far behind on the blogging challenge to go into detail.  I do get credit for using many P's.

Comments

Popular Posts