H

Hyperventilating

I realize that in posting this picture, it is possible that I will lose the respect of my dear friends. This, honestly, is about the worst my vanity area has ever been. Maybe. The rest of my house is relatively neat. Sort of. My only lame excuse for this kind of mess is that I am hopelessly un-organized and very very busy. Every drawer in this bathroom looks sort of like this countertop, as does the linen closet. I literally jump out of bed in the morning, throw on some clothes, have coffee and cereal, pack some running gear, run a comb through my hair,  slather on the latest age-postponing lotion I've been suckered into, grab any paper work or bills I need to deal with that day (which are all there, by the sink area), grab any library returns (also there by the sink), down some supplements, brush my teeth, pack the working son some lunch, and I'm out the door in under 30 minutes. Most of the action happens in this space, and it suffers the brunt of my morning insanity. I sort of hyperventilate about the whole thing thinking maybe tonight is the night I will work on this area. And last night would've been that night except that husband wanted to go to big box home supply stores to look for new bathroom fixtures because we are both now on board with renovating this horrible space with it's ugly 1980's shiny brass light fixtures and it's gross beige cabinetry and fixtures. And if husband actually *wants* to get going on the project, after I've been giving him the hard sell for about six months, then I am jumping on board that train. But I do need to commit some time to this business of discarding so that I can renovate the space, get more organized, and stop feeling like I'm living on the edge of a landslide that is threatening to bury me alive.

Comments

LH said…
I love the photo and the picture you've created here in the post, of you jamming through your morning routine.
And I laughed out loud about the towel, raising some eyebrows, because I'm working in our public library.

Happy Day, Dear!
Julie Anna said…
I'm starting to think I need to work through a 12-step program for those who create clutter. Step one: I admit that I have a problem in this area. I am a clutterer.

Popular Posts