L

Love List

There are so many people, places, and things I love in this world. I don't often stop and make a list of them. The list would stretch from here to the moon. There are the obvious--my sons and my husband and my wonderful family being at the tippy top of the list. My cat, of course. I love that sweet kitty. Friends, food, wine, thunderstorms, books, running, dramatic movies, New Yorker comics, puns, poetry, trees (budding, blooming, goldening, bare), mountains, Lake Michigan, rocks (smooth, jagged, colorful, fossilized, stacked), the smell of fresh bread, dusk, unusual cloud formations especially tinged with pink, purple or orange, farmer's markets, new running socks, outsider art, islands, breezes, fires, geese flying over in a V, paper (colorful, sparkly, unusual, textured, to name a few of the many kinds of paper I love), unexpected adventures/mail/money/friend visits/good luck, my back porch, pillows, high vantage points, a clean kitchen counter, the right music at the right time. I'm just brainstorming here, but just this short list of beloved things in my life has lifted my spirits. Were I to continue on in this vein, I could possibly feel like the luckiest woman alive. Perhaps I'll go at it another five minutes or so in my mind, just thinking about all the things I love, things which maybe can't be put into words, exactly, or would take a paragraph to describe. Big love. Love to you, blog friends. Photo: I love the big wet rain drops on my hosta plants long after the rain has ended.

Comments

LH said…
I considered doing a love list, too. But then I thought it was more relevant to write about Learning, Artful.

I love a lot of the stuff you love, especially the different cool papers.

You've create a very wonderful list.

Popular Posts