R

Radiant

I am forever on the trail of radiant good health. I do a lot of thinking about how to achieve this and work at achieving this and for the most part, my overall health is very very good. I eat well, mostly, and I exercise nearly every day. I take a few supplements that are claimed to be very important. I am rarely sick. And some days I think I approach feeling radiant. Still, there are issues. I should probably not eat as much sugar, although I do limit myself in that area to some degree. There are other things I should probably cut out. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits but I could eat more. Dairy? Not sure how I feel about that. I eat high protein Greek yogurt and am loathe to give that up. We eat almost all organic foods, and that, I'm sure, has played a role. But I can't say that I always radiate health and well-being to the world. I wonder, sometimes, if it's just a function of age. I know there are older people than me who simply look radiantly healthy. But I do have to balance all of that with slogging through life, eating the occasional bowl of ice cream, a reasonable amount of delicious baked goods, and of course red wine. I don't sleep well, and I think that drains my supply of "radiance" to the point that I feel rather haggard at times. And then there is just the wearing down of parts. Oh well, I'm doing the best I can here. Within reason.  Photo: radiant zinnias in my garden.

Comments

Popular Posts