chilling chimps

Husband and I went to a movie at an actual movie theater this past Friday night. This is not something we do a lot of. The last cinematic excursion we had, besides some Ryder films, was last January when we took my mom and step dad to see The King's Speech for their birthdays. I don't know why we don't go more, except that husband is too cheap to pay ten bucks (sorry dear, but it's true) and that we just tend to do other things when we go out, and watch movies when we stay in. Anyway, I insisted that we go see Rise of the Planet of the Apes this weekend. I rarely insist that we see a movie when it first comes out. But my brother and I saw all the Planet of the Apes movies as young kids, and, I don't know, I just got a wild hair to see this one after hearing a positive review of it on NPR. I was totally interested in how they would do the story line of how the apes got smart and took over the world, and I was not disappointed. It was a good story! And what's more, I had complete sympathy for the chimps throughout the entire movie. One can understand why they were mad enough not to just take over but to enslave humans. If I were a chimp in a medical testing facility I would be mad too. Two thumbs up on this movie, especially if you were a fan in childhood. (Not sure if stealing a photo is in the spirit of the challenge, but I have no appropriate pictures for this entry.)

Comments

LH said…
I agree with all your thoughts about this movie. It had so many clever explanations for the Planet of the Apes movies of our youths.

I saw about all of them.

This new one is excellent.

Popular Posts