bomber bee

I got stung a couple of weeks ago by a BIG BEE. The poor bee did not even know what it hit, I don't think. It was flying very fast in a straight line and then, BLAM, right into my face. I have a lot of bee balm in the back yard and there are always bees all over it. I work in the garden around them and they have never bothered me at all. They just keep buzzing around, busy as bees. They might move to another flower if I brush by, but we mean each other no ill will and no stingers are ever used. This bee, however, appeared to be on a longer range mission, and my face was in the way. I pulled the stinger out of my face and, crying, ran into the house and began applying home remedies. For the next few days, my cheek looked like this. The day of the sting was the same day I abandoned all hope of surviving the heat. But later that day it cooled off the tiniest bit and poured rain, which revived me enough to go on living.

Comments

kc said…
You look really tough with this sting.

That's extreme gardening!

Welcome to the challenge!!
LH said…
Right on the face! Classic!
mm said…
Wow, now that's a bug bite.
Gina Marie said…
Welcome! That is an intense sting.

Popular Posts